How to send music with the Make A Mixtape greeting card!
Detailed instructions on how to make an online mix playlist AND make a short web link to write on your Make A Mixtape greeting card.
1. Go to http://www.grooveshark.com and sign up for a free account. You can use your twitter, facebook, or email account to sign up for the free account.
2. Do a search on grooveshark.com for a song you’d like to add to your mixtape playlist.
3. Once you find that song - press the Play button next to the song’s name. That song will be added to the bottom of the screen.
4. Do searches for more songs to add to the playlist mix. For each song, press the Play button next to the song’s name and add it to the bottom of the screen.
5. When you are finished finding all the songs you’d like on the playlist mix - find the drop down menu labeled Current Songs on the bottom left side of the screen.
6. Roll over the menu item “Save Current Songs” in the drop down menu “Current Songs”. Then roll over the menu item “Save as Playlist” that appears and click on “New Playlist”.
7. A window will appear that will allow you to name your playlist with all the songs you searched for in steps 2 through 4. Name the playlist and click the button “Create Playlist”. Your playlist will be created.
Now to create a web link to write on your card!
8. Roll over the Grooveshark account settings on the upper right hand corner of the screen and click the “Playlist” menu item.
9. Click on the playlist you created, named and saved in Step 7. This will take you to your playlist page.
10. Click the “Share” button underneath the playlist title on your playlist page. A window will appear with different share options.
10. Click on the checkbox next to the “Twitter” option. Copy and write down the web link that follows #nowplaying in the ‘Write a Tweet’ box on your Make A Mixtape greeting card. That is the web link for your online playlist digital mixtape!